Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Day 11 Hospital Update

Can you believe Brandon has been in the hospital for 11 days?! That's crazy! I have frequently asked myself over the last 11 days "is this real life?!" because I can hardly believe that this is our reality.

But yall... Brandon is doing so good!



His IV line was disconnected (but left in just in case), his pain ball was removed (a snazzy little contraption that was delivering additional pain medication thru a tiny little tube into his stomach right at the surgery site), he's eating food - real food! - and he's walking laps around the nurses' station! Oh, and he's showered and dressed too!

So far so good... and this may be TMI but once things get a movin' and a groovin' through his system (if ya know what I mean), then the surgeon is going to evaluate and he might get to go home!

We are thriiiiiilled at the possibility of him coming home this week! He misses the boys something fierce and I know we'll all sleep better once we're together again! Plus, we're kind of over this whole hospital experience. I mean, don't get me wrong, everyone has been great. Even the housekeeper (Hannah) stopped me in the hall today and said she missed getting to see me yesterday and wanted to know if I had a good day (yeah - we bonded!). But seriously, I won't miss these things:


  • sleeping on a "chair/bed" aka a piece of plywood with plether stretched over it that converts into a "sleeping" surface
  • fixing my hair in the hospital room
  • pumping in the hospital room (and just finally not caring if a nurse or NA walked in while I pumped)
  • trying to figure out how to keep said breastmilk cold for extended periods of time after I pumped and before I would get to go home again
  • watching my hubby be in pain
  • watching my hubby worry
  • having to pay to park to visit my husband
  • worrying about how the boys are doing not seeing their daddy
  • worrying about how the boys will do seeing their daddy in the hospital
  • worrying about my hubby while I'm with the boys
  • freaking out about germs while being in the hospital
  • worrying about work while in the hospital
  • worrying about irritating people with my updates
  • worrying about imposing on people and accepting copious amounts of help from my friends
Pray with us for discharge from the hospital soon! Continue to pray for no complications and no infection as well. 

In other news, this video made Brandon's day. By the time I got to the hospital today, he had shown all the nurses :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment