Friday, January 15, 2010

Give credit where credit is due...

I think somebody who hasn't gotten nearly enough attention the past few weeks is my husband. My dear sweet boy who has been so good to me through this whole pregnancy hasn't gotten nearly the credit he deserves. My best friend, my sweetheart has gone out of his way to accommodate me, his growing bride =) For about 8 and a half to 9 weeks now I have felt pretty crummy. Nauseous, exhausted, feeling fat, just plain gross and Brandon has endured all of that by my side, so attentive to my every need. Last Saturday morning I was so sick I couldn't get out of bed and I rolled around and flopped all over the bed moaning and groaning so much that poor Brandon couldn't possibly sleep in any longer. He tentatively asked what might possibly make me feel better, if anything, and I replied "probably an egg and cheese biscuit from Biscuitville" and he promptly got out of bed, put his sweats on, and went to Biscuitville and back before I even had time to flop around anymore. How sweet! I only hope that I can be so attentive to his needs. He is setting the bar so high, I'm a little worried about the next time he gets sick =oP. Plus, he has put up with all my complaining (about what I want or don't want to eat, how bad I feel, how tired I am, my clothes getting tight, the way my fridge smells when I open it, the way my pantry smells when I open it, etc, you get the picture right?) and my moments of sudden sickness. I think that its probably almost as hard to be the husband of a pregnant woman than it is to be the pregnant woman! Almost ;)

The reason I wrote this post is because not everyone sees or hears about how great Brandon has been to me since I've been pregnant and I thought he deserved a little praise. He truly has been my strength over the last few months and has helped out at home so much. He doesn't complain that his acheiver wife suddenly stopped doing housework and cooking (the closest he's come to this has been saying that I'm eating a black hole through his wallet with all my eating out!!). He understands when I don't feel good and I'm a party pooper and just want to crawl back in bed. He rubs my back when I'm miserable and stops just before the "I'm on a boat" feeling kicks in =) He prays for me and our baby every day and he encourages me all day long when I text and tell him I just don't think I could possibly work another minute.

Thank you Babe, for all you've done for me over the past 3 months. You truly deserve to be applauded. I wouldn't want anyone else by by side through this exciting adventure and I know you will be an amazing Daddy. Thank you for putting up with me and thank you for loving me despite my pronounced flaws. You mean more to me than I can put in words and I'm so grateful that God gave us each other. I promise to try to be not so annoying over the next 7 months.

I love you more than life.

1 comment: