Sunday, January 17, 2010

12 weeks

Today I am 12 weeks along. Yesterday Brandon and I went baby furniture shopping. Yes, baby furniture shopping! I can't believe our list of things to accomplish include "buy crib." We went to an adorable store that had a ton of things we fell in love with from a very modern crib set, to wall canvases that if we can't buy, I at least want to try my hand at making. We have an idea of how we want our nursery to look but of course its hard to completely dive in while we still don't know if we need to buy "pink" or "blue" =) We had a great day together even though we had a disgusting lunch at this bbq joint. I had such high hopes for a yummy lunch because this little restaurant had cars packed in the parking lot so we figured it must be good. Wrong. I couldn't even eat half of it. Brandon and I looked at each other and he said "You don't have to choke it down babe, I'll get you something else to eat." So thankfully, we tossed our nasty bbq plates and left to find lunch #2. I don't ever do that when I'm out to eat either. I am usually satisfied with whatever I choose to get, but this was just so raunchy, Brandon and I couldn't even finish it. Oh well, live and learn. Plus it just contributed to the day =)

Ok here's baby bump picture #1 and #2 then my little survey =)

This is me at 11 weeks:

This is me today at 12 weeks:

How far along? 12 weeks

Weight gain? well, at least 2 lbs so far but I haven't weighed myself since my doctor's visit so I don't know if I've gained any more or not...

Maternity clothes? Not yet, thankfully my boss is letting me wear scrubs to work during this in between stage...

Sleep? Not great, not terrible. I still get up at least once in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom but I feel ok during the day. Friday night I slept 9 hours and last night I slept 10 with an hour and a half nap today! Wow, cooking a baby is tiring!! ;o)

Stretch Marks? None... yet. Still interested in how to prevent em so if you've got a magic solution, let me know!

Best Moment this week? Shopping for baby furniture with the love of my life.

Movement? None yet...

Food Cravings? Still cheeseburgers, scrambled eggs and cheese, and now POTATO SOUP. I've cooked 5 times in the past month and 4 of those times I made potato soup... within a week! wow, poor brandon!

Food Aversions? still coffee, bigtime. I walked past Starbucks yesterday and gagged... how sad =(

What I miss most? My tastebuds. I don't know who this girl is now but she doesn't want anything sweet and I'm kind of missing that bowl of ice cream every night... not really missing it because I don't want it at all, but just weird that I don't even crave ice cream, candy, sweets... where did my tastebuds go?

What I'm looking forward to? Finding out what this little angel will be, boy or girl =)

Milestones... Shopping for and finding a crib! We didn't buy it because its a little pricey, but we at least know what we want now!

No comments:

Post a Comment