Thursday, January 7, 2010

Christmas 2009!

I've officially proved myself to be a bad blogger =/ I had my first long stent of no posting, boo. Well, I thought it was about time to get back at it and what better way to start than with Christmas! This was our third Christmas married and this year was my year to spend Christmas morning with my family. We started a tradition last year (our first year in our new house) and continued it this year with Christmas Eve brunch at our house with Brandon's family. Christmas Eve morning I was up early to start making yummy foods and I made zucchini bread, a ham and cheese breakfast casserole with crescent rolls for the crust, and apple pancakes with homemade apple cider syrup (yum!). While I was making the pancakes, everyone was arriving and Corben would periodically come over to the stove, point up and say "I need to see the pancakes." So, I would lift him up and show him how I flip the pancakes and he would giggle and ask when he could have one, then I'd have to put him down to put more apples on the griddle. When we finally sat down to brunch, every single pancake I'd made got gobbled up! Apparently they were a hit! When we were done eating we let Corben open his present from Brandon and I, a chalkboard/whiteboard easel from IKEA and some playdoh, a stuffed elephant, and of course, a ball. After brunch we packed up and headed over to Brandon's Dad's house to exchange gifts. After our stop there we went on to Joan's house to exchange gifts. She and Nana had made tons of yummy food and we let Corben start the gift opening. Corben's big gifts were coming in the morning from Santa so he got a bunch of clothes and other small gifts. Brittney and I got the same black boots (of course!) and I got a hair dryer (which has changed my world by the way). Brandon opened several boxes of money so he could go buy whatever he wanted, which was exactly what he wanted. Before we knew it, it was time to say goodbye and get on the road to Lynchburg to see my family. We went straight to the Christmas Eve service at TRBC and then went back to Mom's house afterward. She had made us a yummy dinner and then continued to bake yummy goodies all night! The next morning I was up first (for some reason, I always wake up before Josh) and was anxious to see what Santa had brought. Mom made homemade cinnamon rolls for breakfast and we opened gifts and then watched Christmas movies all day. We had a great Christmas. Then we spent the day after Christmas shopping in Richmond and then the next 2 days just hanging out at Mom's. It was a good trip home. I'll be honest, I love where we live, but there's just something about Lynchburg that calls to you every once in awhile. I love that town and I'm so glad I was blessed to grow up there.

I should be strung up because I didn't take a lot of pictures over the holidays but Kellie took some and so did Josh so I will try to get copies from them to put on here... Anyways, here are some pictures of our Christmas and New Years!

Corben helping Nana open her presents!!
I love this kid. And he loves taking pictures with me so he can look at them =)
Happy New Year's to my wonderful wonderful hubby!
Corben petting Kellie's bunny =)

Here's my cutiepie nephew picking up the bunny... sort of. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment