Sunday, May 18, 2014

Mother's Day Prayer

This was my first Mother's Day with 2 babies... yes TWO! I can't believe I have 2 kids. This is where one stops and asks "is this real life?" I'm so lucky!

Every year, Paxton's school does a Mother's Day program, where the kids sing songs from chapel and cute little "mother's day" songs too. Then we go and have "muffins with mom" in their classroom. I was excited about this year's program because Paxton is such a ham, and loves to be on stage so I couldn't wait to see him perform his little songs. Brandon and I were trying to coordinate getting there (me from work and him with Maverick) so that we could get good seats for the program. I ended up running a little later than I wanted and was pleasantly surprised and very happy to see that Brandon had gotten there in enough time to save us front row seats! Woohoo!







The program began and like any good preschool parent would do, we were juggling taking pictures, feeding the baby puffs, and trying to video. It was just as I thought it would be - hilarious, and so very very cute. There was of course, one child whose hysterics did not allow him to stay on stage, and then there was my child... who practically shouted from stage "Hi Mom! I'm so glad you're here!" The entire audience giggled over my child's sweet (and pretty loud) "hello's" and his adorable handwaving and thumbs up-ing. He will be on stage someday, somehow, doing something, I'm sure of it. He's not aware of the "audience" at all, at least not in the sense that he should feel reserved in any way. He does all the motions to all the songs full out and sings his little heart out.

And then Mr. Brian came up to the front and with the microphone started talking about the children and what fun they had in Chapel this year - Mr. Brian leads Chapel every week and is loved by all the children - and began to talk about how he was very excited to have a certain child pray for us this morning.

And that child was mine!

I was delighted! And shocked! And I couldn't stop the giggles or the tears because my heart was bursting with pride and with love for this shaggy headed little boy who made his was to the microphone and began to pray. My son was picked out of all of the other children in his school to pray!

I will update this post with the video when I can! You'll definitely want to see it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment