Sunday, May 18, 2014

Burlap Ring Bearer Pillow and A Rustic Wedding


Recently my mother-in-law got married (isn't she beautiful?!) and wanted a rustic themed wedding and I was excited to help decorate. I hand made the burlap ring bearer pillows that my son and nephew carried in her wedding and loved the way the rustic theme came together. 

Here's my son carrying one of the burlap pillows I made.

I was going to buy the ring bearer pillows off of Etsy, but they were so expensive and I thought it would be a nicer touch if I made them anyways. Plus, she could have them as a keepsake afterwards and they would go well with the decor in her home. The other thing is that I just got a sewing machine for Christmas and have been all about sewing crafts and different DIY projects. I wasn't sure about sewing burlap but I managed to sew the edges of the burlap pillows and then used a hot glue gun for the rest of the details. The thing about working with burlap, is that you'll want to start with a little more than you think you'll need because it frays very easily at the edges and sometimes the piece I'm working with ends up a touch smaller than I had originally planned. 

Here's the other ring bearer - my nephew! - carrying the other pillow.

If you want to make burlap pillows (for a wedding, or just for awesome rustic decor in your home), get some burlap and then some lace and you can get pretty creative with how you decorate them. I've seen some with lace around the edges but I knew my mother-in-law didn't want that so I just made some lace rosettes and some burlap flowers, both very easy to do, especially if you have a hot glue gun handy. 

Burlap Ring Bearer Pillow #1:



Burlap Ring Bearer Pillows 1 and 2:



Here I am with my hubs and our sweet little ring bearer!


What do you think of the pillows? Yay or nay? 

Have you ever made pillows out of burlap before? Tips? 

No comments:

Post a Comment