Thursday, May 15, 2014

A break in the blogging hiatus

Shame on me for not blogging the most recent moments of our lives! Can I beg the "I've been so busy" excuse? Well, really the only one losing here is me, for I love going back and reading my memories and I won't have some of the precious times written down! Ugh! Anyways, lamenting aside, let me begin...

Maverick is 8 months old... 8.months.old. Where in the world did the last 8 months of my life go? I'm not quite sure, but they quickly slipped away! Maverick has just progressed from the "army crawl" to lifting his belly off the ground and crawling in the last week. We've had to baby proof and now we're busier than ever, making sure he's not crawling out the door or pulling the toilet paper off the roll (YAY for that stage again! lol). He's got 4 teeth, 2 on the bottom, 2 on top, with a 5th tooth poking through on top. Brandon taught him how to clap and its the most precious sight. Those chubby arms lift up and those fat fingers come together, making no sound, but the smile on his face is deafening! Its adorable! He's certainly very pleased with himself and revels in the praise we give him.

I've been making all of his baby food and so far he's had avocado, sweet potato, bananas, green beans, butternut squash, apples, pumpkin, and blueberry. His favorites are sweet potatoes and bananas, so I end up mixing a lot of strange concoctions! He gets very excited when its time to eat and gets mad when its all gone. He now eats puffs too and we've tried yogurt melts but they are strawberry flavored and I honestly think he doesn't like them because they are strawberry! Paxton never liked anything strawberry flavored when he was Maverick's age! Crazy!

Paxton is 3 and half years old. He can spell his full name and can write it too! He was recently chosen to pray for the Mother's Day Program at school out of all of the children there and it was the most adorable surprise I could have ever wished for for Mother's Day! I was so proud of him I cried all day on and off! He wasn't nervous and didn't bat an eye in front of all those people. Then, when he was finished, he got back in his place, turned to me with a thumbs up and said "I did a good job Mom!" How.Precious. #butreally

This has been a crazy season in our lives and I'm determined to document how God is moving. I honestly get excited thinking about our future because we've got such a crazy unreal story already, its just got to have a great ending. How can it not?! Ever the optimist, I guess, but part of that is that God is teaching me to trust Him and have faith that He is in control.

More to come, I promise. More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment