Thursday, April 1, 2010

Random Pregnancy Thoughts...

So I got to thinking about how much my life will change when baby boy makes his entrance into the world and specifically I was thinking about how many hours I will spend changing diapers. This is kind of silly but then I thought about the COST of changing all those diapers. Keep in mind that I've already been stocking up on baby wipes when I've been able to get them free but I wasn't sure how much I should stockpile ahead of time.

Well, I did the math... Each tub of wipes has 64 wipes. If you use at the bare (haha, little pun in there) minimum of just 3 wipes per diaper change (I know, I know, this doesn't include those explosive diapers but I'm just thinking at a minimum here...) that is enough wipes for approximately 20 diaper changes. Now, I don't know how many times you change an infant each day but lets just say at the minimum you change the baby's diaper 5 times a day. Feel free to correct me if my assumptions are ridiculously off base because this will affect the whole math equation! Based on my assumptions, this means we will go through approximately 2 boxes of baby wipes a week. That's 8 boxes a month, and 96 boxes a year... For at least 2 years. And they say boys are harder to pottytrain than girls so make that 3 years. At that rate, I'll need to buy (or get free hopefully) 288 boxes of baby wipes. And that's for just one baby. And for only using wipes to wipe his tiny little bottom. And if I only used 3 wipes per change.

So basically I'm looking at a future of 300 boxes of wipes. So far I have 10. Is anyone else slightly dismayed at this fact?

Oh I'll get them free. Don't worry about the cost. I've got a 5 month head start on the little man and his little tushie (that I'm gonna wipe... and wipe... and wipe) and I'm planning on taking advantage of every sale and every coupon on wipes so if I knock you over in the store to get to a box of wipes, I apologize now, ahead of time. I'm just looking at 3 years of wiping in front of me.

Now I haven't even thought about diapers... =/

No comments:

Post a Comment