Monday, March 29, 2010

22 weeks

22 weeks. Wow. Does anyone else feel like this pregnancy is flying by? Maybe because I just have so much going on I feel like the weeks are passing so quickly. This week was another busy one because I had class Monday and Tuesday, taught a coupon class Thursday night, spoke at the Southern Ideal Home Show Friday and Sunday and Saturday taught another coupon class! Throw in triples starting at Harris Teeter and homework that had to be done and preparation and practice for our presentation at the Home Show and my week was NUTS!! Oh, and I got in a teensy little accident on Saturday too. As if I don't have enough to worry about... but, I'm ok and my car is basically ok (just a little damage... might be more extensive than we think but we will have to take it to the shop to be sure). Anyone know a trustworthy mechanic around here?



So at the Southern Ideal Home Show, Brittney and I spoke on stage Friday afternoon and the rest of the afternoon until 9pm we worked the booth for the newspaper we are vendors for. We got to sell subscriptions and promote our website and coupon business and it was very fun and verrry tiring. We were both really nervous when we got up to speak and we actually had technical difficulties right up until the minute we were supposed to go on stage but everything worked out and we actually both did really well and had a lot of fun. We had a slide at the beginning of our presentation that said "What could you do with $2992.20?" and then we went on to explain that this was our savings from January 1st until this weekend. People's faces were priceless! They were in shock that we actually saved that much money and we made sure to show them an actual receipt later in the presentation so they would believe us! =) We also gave away a MASSIVE giveaway basket full of name brand items that we have gotten for free. We seem like the most unlikely girls to use coupons but people start paying attention when we talk about how much we save and how much free stuff we accumulate! On Sunday we actually had a couple come to our presentation and at the end they came up to me and told me that they had come to the Home Show yesterday to hear our presentation and were so upset that we weren't speaking yesterday that they went to the director of the Home Show and were given complimentary tickets to come back just to hear us! PLUS they were so excited about what we were talking about that they want to host several classes and learn everything we know! I must say, I felt rather pleased that they were so eager to learn from us! (Lord, help my head not to swell up and keep us humble, Amen).



Since we're talking coupons I've actually only been to Harris Teeter one day this week since triples started! ::gasps from the crowd:: yes, yes, I know. Only one time? But, I did do 3 separate trips and made out with over $150 worth in groceries for -$2. Negative 2 dollars you ask? Yes, there was a mishap with some chicken and some pasta and somehow Harris Teeter gave me $2 so I was pretty pleased with that. I guess since I haven't gotten to go as much as I'd like this week, making money on all those groceries helps ease my agony some =) go ahead, groan and roll your eyes, I deserve it.



On a MUCH more important note... Brandon has gotten to feel the baby kick!!! I've felt so badly these past few weeks because he has been wanting to feel him kick so badly and the kicks just weren't strong enough. But the other night, we were sitting there and I grabbed his hand and put it on my belly and sure enough, Brandon was able to feel our son kick!! His face was precious! He was so excited to finally feel him kick and he was amazed and in awe! I think it makes it that much more real to him and also makes him feel included a little more. Not that he wasn't before but its hard to explain how it feels when the baby kicks when he couldn't feel it yet. He can also feel the difference in my tummy when baby boy decides he wants to turn around or flip in my tummy. My stomach will actually poke out and you can see his head (what I'm assuming is his head anyways) go from one side of my tummy to the other and my tummy will feel so hard for a few seconds and then it goes back to normal after he situates himself =) I love it. I think I'll miss feeling these little nudges when baby boy is here but I know I'll love being able to hold him in my arms even more.



Brandon has been so sweet to me lately. He has been so understanding and supportive of me and my crazy schedule and has really made me feel so loved. He will say things like "I hope you know how beautiful you are" and "Even though you were beautiful before, you are stunning pregnant" and Saturday after I had my "teensy little accident" (that's just how I'm going to refer to it) he said that he didn't care what happened to the car or how much money it would cost, as long as the baby and I were ok. THEN, Sunday morning after he had already left for church, I saw his facebook status from the night before and it said "holding my wife a little tighter tonight and thanking God for His protection over her and my son." Yeah, I cried. Plus, he always takes his computer with him to church on Sunday mornings but he knew I had homework to do online that was due by midnight and that my day was so packed that he left the computer at home for me to work on my homework before church! How sweet! Are all husbands this thoughtful or did I just majorly luck out?! The thing is... Brandon is just as busy and stressed as I am. With all the new volunteers that signed up at church and the move to the new building in a week, Brandon has had so much on his list of things to do and hasn't gotten any time off that I feel so incredibly blessed to have a husband who is willing to put aside his feelings for himself and think about his pregnant wife. I think in the last few months we've grown closer together as a couple than we ever have before. We haven't gotten to see each other expect for a kiss goodbye in the mornings and from about 9:30 until we go to sleep at night but our relationship is much more intimate. And no, for all of you who just went there, I mean we have confided in one another more and had to rely on really communicating and really being with each other when we actually are. I hate that we haven't gotten to see each other that much lately but I do like that I feel closer to my husband than ever before.



How far along? 22 weeks



Weight gain? Haven't weighed myself but I do have a doctor's appointment coming up... yikes!



maternity clothes? Still wearing some maternity pants and some of my regular jeans. I'm gonna hang onto my skinny jeans until I just can't pull them on anymore =)



Sleep? I'd like more of it... Friday night I was so exhausted after working half a day at work and then working the Home Show for most of the day that I slept for 9 hours and then Saturday morning I got up and did some laundry and then FELL BACK ASLEEP! Guess I needed just a little more rest =)



stretch marks? None yet.



Best moment this week? Might have been Sunday at the Home Show before we were about to go on stage for our presentation. Brittney and I were sitting there waiting for the speaker before us to finish up her presentation and baby boy started kicking me in the ribs on my right side. It felt like he was tickling me from the inside and I literally got so "tickled" that I laughed out loud! I was so embarrassed because it was definitely a loud laugh and people turned and looked at me but I couldn't help it! My tiny little son was tickling his mama! I think maybe he was telling me good luck for my presentation =)



movement? Brandon got to feel him kick! And yes! he has been squirming all over the place! (the baby, not Brandon haha) Friday I counted how many times he flipped before lunch and it was 7 times!!! I guess he's doing his exercises! =)



food cravings? Ice dream ice cream from Chick-fil-a, chicken salad sandwiches from Chick-fil-a (which I have now had my fill of for about the next year)



Food aversions? coffee



what I'm looking forward to... decorating the baby's room! (if we ever have time!!)



milestones... Babycenter says he is now 11 inches long! Holy cow! This baby is growing with a quickness!



I'm too tired to load the 22 week picture so I'll try to do that later...

No comments:

Post a Comment