Friday, April 30, 2010

26 weeks pregnant on my 26th Birthday!


That's right, I turned 26 years old this week AND "turned" 26 weeks pregnant on the same day! I should have bought a lotto ticket with the number 26 somehow =) This week was pretty much a great week. For those of you who know me, you know I celebrate a "birth month" rather than just a birthDAY. I mean, I only get one month out of the whole year to celebrate, so... I do. I'm not ridiculous, but I do pull the "it's my birthmonth" card if I need to throughout April. Brandon is used to it by now and most of the time just laughs at me. He is probably secretly really annoyed that I do something so childish the whole month, but he humors me anyway =) Thanks babe! This week on Tuesday, my office at work had my birthday lunch. My coworkers go all out for birthdays. They are cause for celebration (aka EATING) in our office so we love a good birthday. The birthday girl/boy gets to pick what they want to eat and this year I wanted a make-your-own nacho/taco bar. A woman in my office (who used to be a Spanish interpreter) makes wonderful Mexican food and volunteered to bring all of the food for the nachos/tacos and BOY was it delicious. I made a HUGE burrito stuffed with refried beans, ground beef, lettuce, salsa, nacho cheese, sour cream, etc. and ate every bite (and a second one for a snack later!) A girl who is fairly new in our office made me homemade cupcakes- which were DELICIOUS- AND she brought in homemade monkey bread for us to have for breakfast that day! I felt so special! And to top it all off, they got me a singing birthday card, YES, singing! AND little baby trinkets, like a UNC beenie, some rattles, a bottle, and some tiny little socks. Needless to say, my 26th birthWEEK was off with a bang and I SO enjoyed it! (In fact, my mouth is watering just typing this!)

Saturday was Brittney and Cole's housewarming party (for which I made YET ANOTHER strawberry shortcake- I've lost count I've made so many the last few weeks). We left the housewarming party to go pick up our crib... the one I told you about before that was the one we originally wanted that the little baby boutique owner was going to sell to us for half price! And we were going to pick up our glider that we had purchased the week before. Well, we got to the baby store, went inside to look at the crib and Brandon and I just looked at each other and back at the crib. Neither one of us wanted to say it, but this was NOT our dream crib. We weren't impressed... at all. And in fact, we didn't even like it. We were so disappointed and as I was trying to get away from the store owner's husband to talk to Brandon (just a side note, if you are a sales person, periodically leave your customer to go "check on something" or "get something" or whatever so that your customers can talk to their spouse... especially if the purchase is more than a few hundred dollars!) to tell him that I didn't really like the crib and find out if he felt the same way. As I was walking back towards the front of the store, I stopped in front of another crib and couldn't help but think that THAT crib was what I pictured in my nursery. Brandon and I talked it over and decided that the crib we had come to pick up was not the crib for us and that we wanted this other crib that we had looked at before but not really ever paid much attention to until now. The more I looked at this crib, the more I could picture it in our nursery at home with my little man sleeping in it. I looked at Brandon and we walked right up to the cash register and told the owner and her husband that we wanted to buy that crib. The crazy part... the crib we bought was over $500 less than the one we went there to pick up!!! We were ecstatic! AND, we're in love with the crib we bought!



My mom and brother were meeting us for dinner, my choice of course since it was my birthday, and I chose yummy Maggiano's. I always get the chicken and spinach manacotti and it didn't let me down. Then we shopped for a little bit and the boys went to go pick up our glider.



The next morning we went to church and then went to eat at Dan Thai, which is a fabulous little restuarant. I highly recommend it and it might just be this town's best kept secret. The service there is amazing and the food is so fresh and delicious.



Sunday night we had reservations at a Japanese steakhouse with Brandon's family and everyone came! Nana and Pop, Bradley and Tiffany, Brittney and Cole and Corben, Joan and Rodney and Wendy's family too! I felt so special to have everyone there in the same place for my birthday! Corben has been afraid to go to Japanese steakhouses because of the little fire show they do at the beginning and this time was no different. He WAILED. Like screamed and cried like he was going to die. He is truly fearful of the fire. I felt so bad because we were in a room to ourselves with 2 back to back grills (because we had so many people there) and our chef finished his fire thing and we all told Corben not to worry, that it was over and no sooner were those words out of our mouths than "Whoosh!" the other chef lit his grill up and the flames soared up just as high and Corben freaked again. Poor thing.



How far along? 26 weeks 4 days



Weight gain? I go next week and will be weighed... I feel like a heffer.



maternity clothes? Mostly yes.

Sleep? I've figured out my pillow situation... that has helped my sleep some...



stretch marks? Not yet...



belly button in or out? Still half in half out.



Best moment this week? My birthday!!!! and getting to celebrate it with all the people in the world I love most! And buying our crib!



movement? he's an active little fella =)



food cravings? well after my birthday lunch at work, i can't stop thinking about nachos =)



Food aversions? coffee



what I'm looking forward to... getting the crib (its being shipped to the store) actually in the nursery



milestones.... BabyCenter.com says he's putting on baby fat now! (how cute!!) and he is 14 inches long... wow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment