Wednesday, July 7, 2010

36 weeks

So this past week at our childbirth class we watched "the video." I think we alllll know what I mean by that too but juuust in case you don't, it was a video of a birth. It actually wasn't too bad. Maybe that's because I've been forcing myself to watch birth videos online so that I'm not completely freaked out by what will happen to my body. The video actually did a good job portraying how long you can be in the 1st and 2nd stages of labor which is a part of labor I think I keep forgetting about. Not on purpose, but when I've been thinking about going into labor, I've been automatically thinking about my water breaking, then giving birth. I have to remind myself that there will most likely be hours and hours and hours of contractions before it is actually time to "push." I guess its the Hollywood mindset that I need to get rid of. After we watched "the video" we went upstairs for a tour of the labor and delivery unit. The rooms are actually very nice! I was quite pleased. They are big and seem more than adequate to spend 15+ hours in pain in =) The only thing they are lacking are tubs. I've read a lot about how being in a warm tub helps with the pain and most hospitals are equipped with these tubs but ours is not... oh well, I'm not sure if I'd even want to get in the tub or not.


This week Brandon did a great job of getting the baby's room painted and then wallpapered. Thanks to Brittney, Cole, Joan, and Ricky for your help! I managed to wash another load of baby items, mostly clothes from the baby shower, and organize some more of the office. Then the other night I organized under the bathroom sink and threw away a bunch of stuff that I haven't used in ages or I know I'll never use. I don't usually throw things away so this reorganizing the entire house has been monumental for me because I've thrown out bags of stuff! Brandon is very proud of me =)


This past weekend was very fun and very relaxing. On Saturday we had lunch with Brandon and Julie, our friends from Lynchburg, and their daughter Brielle, who is such a cutie pie! Julie is due a month after me so it was fun to get together and talk all things baby =) Then we went to the pool at Brittney and Cole's house and let me just tell you... this pool has been a Godsend. I'm so glad they decided to move into a neighborhood with a pool because I have THOROUGHLY enjoyed being weightless for a little while. Saturday night Rodney and Wendy came over and we all grilled out and had a fabulous dinner and made homemade ice cream. Brittney taught us a card card "nerts" (I have NO idea if I'm spelling it correctly) and I officially got addicted. It was a ton of fun.. my kind of card game for sure! Sunday was a worship concert at church that was great and then we just kind of layed around the house resting and napping until we went to dinner and fireworks with Brittney and Cole and Joan and Brad and Tiffany and all of their church basically. The fireworks were sorry. I mean, the worst fireworks show I've ever seen. It was pathetic and this probably explains why Corben didn't scream bloody murder. Monday I got up at 5 and was at work before 6am so that I could work half a day and then go to Pete and Brenda's for a Fourth of July cookout and pool party get together. It ended up being a very relaxing weekend and I feel recharged, however, I do still look forward to the weekends after only about a DAY of working... I guess I should just be thankful I have a job first of all and second, keep in mind that I will be "off" for 2 months in just a few short weeks.


This is where we are this week!

How far along? 36 weeks 3 days

Weight gain? As of last week by the doctor's scale: 36 pounds... by the scale I used: 34 pounds... either way I feel big as a barn.

maternity clothes? yes and the crazy thing is that some of them feel TIGHT. omg.

Sleep? Yeah, about that. Sleep in 2 hour intervals, alternating waking up to go to the bathroom or because I'm either wimpering or crying from the pain in my hips.

stretch marks? Ok... slight panic attack Monday morning when I realized... I HAVE A STRETCH MARK!!! Seriously not ok with this. I was dealing with the unsightly weight gain because I knew in the back of my mind that if I work hard enough and diet I can lose the weight eventually... HOWEVER, STRETCH MARKS ARE PERMANENT. In fact, I may have to go find a paper bag, stop hyperventilating, and then come back to finish this post...

belly button in or out? Out.

Best moment this week? Having the baby's room wallpapered and almost completely painted (except for the trim!!)

movement? All the time. Have I mentioned that he loves to camp out above my right ribs? Yes, you heard me. He shimmies his way up over my ribs and gets real comfy, meanwhile, my abs are stretching and I'm dealing with what feels like bruised ribs... I will, however, deal with any pain/discomfort as long as he's comfy and healthy =)

food cravings? watermelon. and cool ranch doritos.

Food aversions? coffee

what I'm looking forward to... every doctor's appointment

labor signs (I'm adding this since I'm so close to my due date now!) Last week the midwife did an internal exam and found that I am 50% effaced and that the baby is at station -1. We also had an ultrasound and found out that he weights 5lbs 12 oz!!!

milestones.... The baby's room is almost complete! Next on the list is putting together the crib!!

No comments:

Post a Comment