Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Brain Dump

Mid-week brain dump, ready... set... go!

  • This week I put on a t-shirt, freshly washed, dried, and folded and was very upset for approximately 23 seconds. See, this t-shirt is an "oldie but a goodie," a hand-me-down ADPi t-shirt from my big sister, Nicole. I love this t-shirt. It's nothing special but it fits me just right and its been washed so many times that its got that nearly-perfect-washed-softness going on. Well, I put this t-shirt on and it was TOO SMALL. Brandon has been helping out a lot around the house lately (since I'm either too busy laying down or sitting in front of the toilet) and I couldn't remember who had done this load of clothes so naturally I assumed he had since he clearly shrunk my shirt! I looked in the mirror and turned towards the bedroom and hurtfully accused Brandon of ruining one of my favorite shirts. Shocked, it only took a few seconds for him to recover and he kindly and gently pointed out that the shirt had not shrunk, but I had grown. Oh my. I looked back in the mirror and realized he was right. Blush. The t-shirt stretched across my chest and my tummy certainly felt like it had shrunk but I knew he was right. Mystery of the shrunken t-shirt was solved. Easily and quickly to the rest of the population, not so obvious to preggo here... Eh... guess I'll have to just start wearing Brandon's t-shirts now.
  • Some of you may know that Brittney and I have been teaching coupon classes lately. It has really taken off! We have 2 classes a week lined up for the next 3 or 4 weeks! Wow! PLUS, we've been working really hard on our blog so that people in this area will have a go-to website with accurate prices and deals. We are a long way from where we want to be but we have crossed some huge milestones this week... you can now print coupons directly from our website! YAY! This is HUGE! If you coupon, go check out our website and get your coupons! We are so excited about this. Also, we are quickly figuring out the complicated world of web design, and let me tell you there is a TON to know! www.apennyfilledpantry.blogspot.com is our money saving blog so go check it out and let us know what you think! We're working hard on getting it up and running on a daily basis so any tips you have will be MUCH appreciated!
  • I cooked this week. Twice! Woohoo! For anyone keeping up with me these last few months knows this is quite a feat! To be fair, one of those times Brandon grilled chicken on the grill so I technically didn't cook the whole meal. Just the sides. Ok, just some rice and mac'n'cheese. I set the table too, ok?
  • A friend from church gave me some maternity clothes this week!!! I am SO excited!! Emily just had her baby 2 months ago and she was so sweet to bring me two HUGE bags full of clothes, one summer and one winter! Now I just need a "bump" to fit in them! =) Everything from jeans to dress pants to sweaters and tops and swim suits and nursing gowns and sundresses and tanktops! Wow! I feel so blessed because even though I haven't bought any maternity clothes yet, I know buying a whole new wardrobe can't be cheap so thank goodness I have a head start!
  • I need to get a belly band. But I need advice on where to get one, which brand is best/most comfortable, how much is too much to pay for one, what color... etc. This is only because I'm slightly embarrassed to wear my pants unbuttoned and unzipped for fear of "undies exposure." Haha... I might just coin that phrase... anyways, advice on a belly band is much appreciated!!

Ok, so long for now. Prayers for my International Business Midterm Exam would be awesome! Thanks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment